OTRES hosts weekly seminars and workshops that are held Thursdays from 4:00PM - 5:30PM, unless otherwise noted.
Location will vary by date. Please see below.
Weekly Seminars and Workshops:
- Thursday, January 25 - Welcome Back Seminar, ACD 204
- Thursday, February 1 - Workshop: "The art and science of writing a research article"
- Thursday, February 8 - "I feel your pain; Exploring the relationship between chronic
pain & social behavior," Dr. Monique Smith, MARK 104
- Thursday, February 15 - Workshop: How to give a 10-minute Scientific Presentation,
- Thursday, February 22 - "Culture, Community, and Critical Consciousness: Dismantling
Racial Microaggressions and Promoting College Persistence," Dr. Rafael Hernandez,
- Thursday, March 1 - No seminar
- Thursday, March 8 - "Beyond stem cells: a new paradigm for regenerative medicine,"
Dr. Duc Dong, MARK 104
- Thursday, March 15 - "My First Year as a PhD Student at the University of Oregon,"
Jessica Cothern, MARK 104
- Thursday, March 22 - No seminar - Spring Break
- Thursday, March 29 - Workshop: Responsible Conduct/Ethics in Science, MARK 104
- Thursday, April 5 - "Astrocytes; the underrated starts," Dr. Elena Blanco-Suarez, MARK 104
- Thursday, April 12 - OTRES Honors Ceremony, MARK 104
- Thursday, April 19 - Seminar, MARK 104
- Friday, April 20 - Graduate Roundtable Discussion, 12:00PM - 1:30PM in ACD 204
- Thursday, April 26 - Seminar, Dr. Carol Marchetto, MARK 104
- Thursday, May 3 - Seminar, MARK 104
- Thursday, May 10 - OTRES End of Year Celebration in ACD 204