An international first-time freshman applicant is a student who wishes to study at our university on an F-1 (student) visa, who is applying to one of our bachelor's degree programs and who has not yet completed any post-secondary coursework at a college or university.
No application fee for the spring or the fall terms!
1. University Application:
Fall 2018: No application fee! You can use ONE of the following methods to apply:
Start Online application at www.calstate.edu/apply- Email firstname.lastname@example.org when you get to the payment section and we will send you the application fee waiver
code to finish the application. Application Guide for online application
- Or - Use the paper application – Application fee automatically waived.
2. All official post-secondary school records including certificates, examination grades, degrees or diplomas in the original language of issue through the postal mail in a school-sealed envelope
3. Official English translations of all academic records including certificates, degrees or diplomas
4. Affidavit of Financial Support including bank statements or scholarship letter
5. Official TOEFL or IELTS score report - once you apply, you will be given online access to a student portal where you can check if you are required to submit a test score. If you do not have a passing test score, conditional admission is available.
6. Copy of your Passport
Send your unofficial transcripts and copies of documents now for an early admission decision.
IMPORTANT NOTICE ABOUT I-20: Please be advised that you must send your official transcripts through postal mail and have your test scores sent directly to CSUSM from testing agencies before we can issue the I-20 for the student visa.
Test credit accepted: Advanced Placement (AP), College Level Examination Program (CLEP) and International Baccalaureate (IB) (see International Admissions office for details and other test credit accepted)
*Appeal process for special consideration due to extenuating circumstances/demonstrable hardship may be considered, submit appeal to: email@example.com.