After you have applied to CSUSM, follow the next steps to make sure the rest of your
admissions process goes smoothly.
Login to your MyCSUSM
Your ID and password was sent to your email address that was listed on your application.
Use your assigned login information to access your MyCSUSM Student Center and regularly check your admission status. Outstanding items will
be listed on your "To Do List." Send us any items listed by the posted deadlines.
Submit the following items:
- All official post-secondary school records including certificates, examination grades,
degrees or diplomas in the original language of issue must be submitted through the postal mail in a school-sealed envelope
- Lower-division transfers must also send secondary school records.
- Applicants who have studied in the U.S. are required to have the U.S institution(s)
send official transcript(s) directly to CSUSM. If you are attending a California community
college, you may be able to send your transcripts electronically. Confirm with your
school to check if this option is available.
- Official English translations of all academic records including certificates, degrees or diplomas.
- Affidavit of Financial Support or scholarship letter
- Official TOEFL or IELTS score report, if needed. This requirement is waived if you have an approved freshman
composition course from a US institution (must be sent directly from testing agency)
- If you do not have a passing TOEFL or IELTS, please let us know by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Copy of your Passport
Send all OFFICIAL transcripts and translations directly to the address below.
Copies of all the documents needed above can be submitted online! By submitting these
documents online, this allows us to give you an early admission decision. Official
transcripts and test scores must be received by postal mail before issuance of I-20 for a student visa.
California State University San Marcos - International Admissions
333 S. Twin Oaks Valley Road, San Marcos, CA 92096-0001 USA
P: (760) 750-4844 F: (760) 750-3138