Former Student Information
The following information is intended for individuals who formerly attended CSUSM, did not complete an undergraduate degree, and are interested in returning to CSUSM in order
to complete graduation requirements to earn a diploma.
You are considered a former student if you:
- applied and were admitted to CSUSM, and
- enrolled in courses during a regular term (spring or fall semester), and
- have not yet earned a degree from CSUSM, and
- have not enrolled/attended courses at CSUSM for more than one semester.
You are NOT a former student if you:
- dropped all of your classes during the posted add/drop period of your first semester after being admitted, or
- have only attended CSUSM through Extended Learning's Open University, or
- already completed a degree at CSUSM.
Returning to CSUSM:
If you are a former student interested in returning to CSUSM to complete graduation
requirements, you must reapply for admission and follow the requirements and timeline for a Transfer applicant.
Please note: Degree requirements may have changed during your absence. Please review catalog
rights information in the Former Student Frequently Asked Questions or in the University Catalog.